Wednesday, January 12, 2011

People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like. (Abraham Lincoln)

Back in September I fell in love with a name tag that I saw at Florida Fiber In. I would love to show a picture of Rebecca's tag, but unfortunately I didn't take a picture and I'm hesitant to steal one from our Yahoo group's files. Basically, Rebecca had knit a blue and white cup cozy, then embroidered "Hello" and her name on it. This inspired me to make one of my own.

It was difficult to come up with the pattern. I could have saved myself a day if I had done a gauge swatch first, but even with the need to start over twice because I hadn't cast on enough stitches I managed to finish this cozy in just two days. I decided to knit "Hello" into the cozy, and just embroider my name to make it look more like a name tag. I'm very pleased with the results.

I'm still working on my Pettine shawl. And I only finished 1 block on my sock blanket this week, making my count for the year 6/11. So I'm already behind with my resolution of 1 block a day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!