Saturday, May 01, 2010

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance. (Unknown)


Bloomingdale's has the most comfortable chair in their fitting room. It twirls, it rocks, and it is perfect for sitting and knitting. Macy's also has a comfortable chair, just not as nice as Bloomingdale's. (I really wanted to stay at Bloomies longer; or better yet, bring the chair home with me.) David's Formal Ware had straight-back chairs, but at least I was still able to sit and knit. I had to just stand uncomfortably at Ross, Marshalls, and Nordstrom.

Becka and I left the house this morning at 10:30 to go shopping for a prom dress. We picked up her friend Mia on the way, since Becka didn't trust my opinion on fashion. (To be honest, I did tend to offer "Isn't that a little too low on the neckline, or too high on the hem" on a number of her choices.) With the help of three stops at Starbucks and lunch at the mall food court, we managed to make it through the day without any real disagreements.

And it was a long day. First we headed south to check out a couple of stores. They didn't have anything we liked, so we headed north to the mall. Even though we found a couple of candidates, we went back to the original area to visit a store we missed. Then back north to the mall. It was 9:30 by the time Becka and I arrived home.

She did manage to find a dress that she liked, and it's hanging in her closet. We'll go out shoe shopping one evening this week, since the prom is Friday night. I won't tell you (yet) which dress she picked out, but here are the top three candidates.

Taking pictures in the dressing room with a camera phone is a little difficult. The lighting is horrible. This is a purple chiffon dress, with vertical ruffles.

This black and white dress has a pleated skirt.

Check out the lacing on the back of this dress. (I took this picture, and I'm rather proud of the camera angle.)

No comments: