Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The trouble with normal is it always gets worse. (Bruce Cockburn)

The start of something good.

I didn't get much knitting done this week, despite having given the appearance of living with needles permanently attached to my hands. There are two projects sitting on the coffee table, just waiting to be seamed. I'm still hoping the elves will come into my house and seam them up. After all, that's what they did for the cobbler.

Most of my knitting has been on the Sock Blanket. I've added another eleven squares this week. That puts me a month ahead of my goal to knit one square a day. I think that I've done so much work on the blanket because I have all the pretty mini skeins to choose from. I'm really glad that I did the three swaps.

I've joined another swap from Ravelry. It's a Virtual Vacation. I'll be putting together a package (with a $25 limit) of yarn and souvenir goodies to send to my secret pal. In return, somebody will send me a box of treats. I'm really very excited about putting together the package. I've already "stalked" my secret pal and I have a list of ideas for the box. I'm planning two knitted items to include, and a really cool theme that will involve visiting some of my favorite local sites. Naturally these local sites include my favorite yarn shops, since I need to get my pal both yarn and fiber. My problem is going to be keeping it all a secret until I mail off the package.

1 comment:

Paula L said...

i hate seaming too, the slippers is not so bad! i'm your cheerleader. RAH RAH RAH!!

How much yardage do you need per square for the sock blanket? I have some of my very own spindle spun i wanted to give you, but i couldn't remember how much you use per square and about what wpi.