Tuesday, April 20, 2010

It's the good girls who keep diaries; the bad girls never have the time. (Tallulah Bankhead)

4 oz Falkland, from Crown Mountain Farms
23 wpi (light fingering) in 2 ply
270 yards + 308.25 yards

I finally set my skeins of the Falkland. I had plied them a couple of weeks ago, and then just hung them on the hooks until I could find the time to soak and whack them. It doesn't take long to do, just 20 minutes soaking in the sink (while I'm busy doing something else) and maybe three minutes to slap them on the edge of the bathtub. But for some reason, i just kept putting it off. And I shouldn't have. There really is a reason that you leave the yarn on the bobbin until you're ready to finish the process. The ply lost it's energy, because the yarn doesn't look as amazing as it did in the beginning. I still love it, and it's still wonderfully soft and cuddly. But it would have been better if I had taken the time to do it right.

I haven't done any other spinning. I was just too depressed and sore last week, although I probably should have made the effort just for the therapeutic effects it would have had. This week I've tried to get on my wheel a couple of times, but I haven't managed to actually do anything. I really need to make some progress over the next couple of days. There's a new LYS opening in Ft Pierce (about an hour north of me), and I want the excuse of needing more fiber when I go visit there.

No comments: