Tuesday, April 13, 2010

It is better to sleep on things beforehand than lie awake about them afterward. (Baltasar Gracian)

You would think that as old as I am, I would have learned a few simple lessons.

  • Just because all the cool kids are doing it, doesn't make it right. And it doesn't make it okay for you to do.
  • When you do something you shouldn't, you will have to pay the penalty. (Others may appear to get away with it, but you will eventually get caught.)
  • Objects can only be stretched so far, before they break.
There are other lessons, but these are the ones that I should have paid more attention to recently. If I had, I would have been thought twice about the tight jeans and thus avoided a really ugly scene. (Trust me, lesson number three is vital to remember.)

The three lessons would have also helped me avoid this terrible week, had I applied them to my household budget as well.

No comments: