Thursday, May 13, 2010

It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them. (Pierre Beaumarchais)

The Good:
  • My daughter is here, visiting from Brooklyn. It is so nice that she's home with me. (Even if all she does is tease me!)
  • I finished spinning and plying the Merino/Tencil from Cloudlover. It's the Countess colorway that my daughter picked out, and I wanted to get it done before she got here. (I still have to soak and whack it, so she might not get to take it home but at least I finished it.) It's a 2-ply light worsted weight; I'm not sure of the yardage yet.
  • I'm casting on a new project; a KAL with my daughter for the Aeolian Shawl. I'm using Claudette Silk with the prettiest beads. The beads make me happy.
The Bad
  • I am still feeling horrible from that cold/flu/whatever I had last week. The fever is finally gone, but the horrible hacking cough is driving me crazy.
  • The Program Supervisor is still on vacation at work, so I'm still doing both her job and mine. Although it seems I'm spending more time doing her job than mine. Which means that when she gets back from vacation, I'll have to put in some extra hours to catch up. That's totally unfair, in my opinion.
The Ugly
  • The drama llama visited the knitting groups again. This time is the last time I'm getting involved. I can get past the he said-she said stuff. It's the actions of a person I both liked and admired that has me walking away.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Translation of earlier comment:

Can impart knowledge, wisdom can not. Each person must be his own.