Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Those who speak most of progress measure it by quantity and not by quality. (George Santayana)



I admit it. I have too many knitting projects going at one time. I'm not making any real progress because I'm trying to divide my time up between them. But I don't know what I should stop working on! Each project is either a "favorite" or a "need to do this" item. And it's really not so bad; I have socks to carry around in my purse to work on at odd moments, my daughter's bag for a bigger but easier project when I'm watching TV or reading blogs online, a charity knitting project, the sock blanket for a long-term project, and the spinning obsession.

We won't talk about the four projects lined up on my table, waiting to be cast on. Or the long queue of projects that I've already bought the yarn/fiber for. Or even the sweater and other miscellaneous patterns that I'm planning on starting as soon as I can afford the yarn.

Maybe I should just go knit now...

No comments: