Sunday, June 29, 2008

There are three cures for ennui: sleep, drink and travel. (D.H. Lawrence)


The kids and I ended up in Tampa this weekend (was there any real doubt that I'd go to Convergence?), and we had a wonderful time even though we didn't do anything terribly exciting. We've made the weekend trip just enough times that we have a "regular" routine, including a hotel where the clerk remembers us. (Or he pretended to, which is almost as good.)

While I was learning how to handle a spinning wheel, the kids spent the day at MOSI. I think it's really great that I have kids who, even though they're teenagers, still enjoy spending time at a science museum. Although MOSI is a really great hands-on museum. (This picture, by the way, is actually from our trip last August. Since I was at the Tampa Convention Center, I didn't get to take any pictures this time around.)

Saturday evening, the kids and I went to a movie together. They were a little leary of the idea, since I prefer Disney films and they like the action and gore stuff. But we compromised on Ironman, and it turned out to be a good choice for all of us. I still want to see Get Smart, but I guess I can wait until it comes out on DVD.

Sunday we stopped at Grand Prix Race Track for a couple of rounds of go-carts before driving home. We still have the aquarium that we want to visit, as well as a trip to Busch Garden's newest rides. Tampa's only a couple of hours away, so maybe we can spend another weekend over there before school starts in the fall.

No comments: