Sunday, June 15, 2008

Sand Hill Crane Park


This summer my son has a job as a councilor at a sports camp. The location and sport will change from week to week. This is kind of cool, not only because I'm really happy that he's actually got a job and will be getting out of the house each day (remember, he's my hermit and would cheerfully live his entire life in his bedroom if I allowed it), but also because it gives me an excuse to explore some new places.

This past week he worked at a fishing camp at Sand Hill Crane Park. This is a TINY access park on PGA Boulevard in Palm Beach Gardens. Coming from 95, if you exit west onto PGA you'll eventually come to it. It's on the north side of the road, a few miles west of the turnpike. The park provides a couple of boat ramps into the C-18 canal, a nature observation platform, a nature trail, and that's about it. According to my son, the fishing is pretty good, if you like to pull in lots of small fish.

So if you're looking for a nice family-friendly, easy fishing spot, this is a great place to go. (But bring your own chairs, because there are no picnic benches and very little shade.)

No comments: