Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Treat all disasters as if they were trivialities but never treat a triviality as if it were a disaster. ( Quentin Crisp)

Somebody (I won't mention my daughter's name, since it was an accident) left the freezer door open Sunday evening. It wasn't discovered until yesterday afternoon, after all all the food had already thawed. And of course the freezer was packed -- I had about 77 pounds of meat/meals, not to mention the frozen fruits and vegetables.

So I've been on a marathon baking craze all night, trying to save as much of it as I could. I also gave away a bunch of meat (steaks and stuff that I couldn't cook to refreeze). I'm so tired!

I'm trying to look on the bright side. At least dinners will be easy for the next month, with all the pre-browned hamburger and the casseroles did. And the freezer is thawed, which is something that's been on my "To Do" list.

[sigh]

No comments: