Tuesday, June 19, 2007

I have often wished I had time to cultivate modesty...But I am too busy thinking about myself. (Edith Sitwell)

Okay. I'm totally obsessed. And totally talented. I've finished my second pair of socks, and these are even better than the first. What's more, I did them by combining three different sets of directions (using the parts that made the most sense to me -- I really need to read up more on knitting terms so that I can follow a regular pattern).

My next pair is already on the needles. This time I'm going toe-up (the other two pairs were knit from the cuff down to the toes). I'm not sure I'm really ready to change directions (remember, I'm the one who knit the first pair inside out!), but I'm going to give it a try.

[Note: I used Lion Brand Magic Stripe yarn in Denim. The ribbing is Stansfield 30 from "More Sensational Socks." The directions were a combination of sock patterns that I googled online. I wish I could give better credit, but I'm not sure where I found it all.]

No comments: