Sunday, April 29, 2007

Don't do what you want. Do what you don't want. Do what you're trained not to want. Do the things that scare you the most. (Chuck Palahniuk)

Becky and I went to the Barnes & Noble today, and I bought a how-to book for training the dogs. We have a bargain: she's going to take charge of training the dogs to be well-behaved and in return for doing that within 6 weeks, I'll pay her $100. I'm at the point of calling in professional trainers, but after finding out how much that would cost the $100 is a good deal for both of us. (I offered to let my son in on the deal, but he doesn't see the point.)

It's not just the dogs that need training to be well-behaved. I need to work on getting the kids to do what they're supposed as well. But they're only following my example, and I have to admit that I haven't been doing well lately. The house is a mess (i.e. dirty dishes in the sink, the rugs aren't vacuumed, dirty laundry is piled up, and I can't remember the last time I cooked an actual meal).

What I need is to do is go back to my basic Flylady routine. I know that 15 minutes at a time is all that it takes. But I keep focusing on the lists of things to be done, and I never quite make it to the starting point.

Of course, it doesn't help that I let myself get distracted playing online. (I can't find time or energy to stick a load of laundry into the washing machine, but I can redo the family website -- go figure!)

No comments: