Thursday, April 05, 2007

Some people walk in the rain... others just get wet... (Roger Miller)

I finally managed to get to Clematis By Night. Clematis is a free concert event that the town puts on every week. Along with the live band, there are craft booths and food tents. And, of course, lots of beer. Basically, it's a big party that anyone can go to.

Profits from the beer trucks benefit various not-for-profit agencies. Becky and I volunteered to help out this week, since it was for an agency I know. I sold beers, while Becky worked at the raffle table. We had a blast! About halfway through the night we had some much needed rain, and I ended up soaked. Becky was under the tent, so she just laughed at me. That was okay; we kept beer sales going, even in the downpour.

Next week, maybe I'll go downtown just for fun. I might even see what it's like on the customer side of the beer table...

No comments: