Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read,

and all the friends I want to see. (John Burrough)


I'm trying to be good by not posting daily pictures of Millie, even if she is the most adorable puppy around. But it's been at least a couple of days since the last Millie photo, so it's safe to post this one today.

I've come to the conclusion that Millie has a total of five modes: sleeping, eating, peeing on the carpet, playing, and chewing on anything that belongs that she can steal. I expected the first two. The peeing is getting to be rather annoying. The last one, though, has better stop soon! (Her current favorite chew toy is PJ's glasses. No matter where he puts them, she manages to find them. As a result, my future paychecks will be sent directly to LensCrafters for replacements.)

Since George is beginning to imitate Millie and I can't convince either one of them to listen to me, I decided to hire a professional dog trainer. After finding out how much they charge (A LOT!), I decided to hire my daughter. Becky has agreed to spend the next six weeks housebreaking the dogs, as well as teaching them to Sit, Come, Down, Heel, Fetch (for George especially, since he likes to play ball but won't give up the ball once he has it!), and one "fun" trick to impress friends who come to visit. I only have to pay her a quarter of the cost of the professionals, which is a lot easier on my budget and yet still leaves her a rich little girl.

Don't worry, I'll be posting pictures of their progress!

No comments: