Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Every princess needs a tiara...even if it's made of plastic. (Simply Sarah)


Becky and I went shopping for a tiara this afternoon. After all, tomorrow (May 24th) is International Tiara Day. And you can't celebrate it without a sparkling headband.

It's funny how some days catch the imagination, while others are just ignored. For instance, no one was interested in doing anything May 10th for Clean Your Room Day, but almost everyone at work did something for Eat What You Want Day (May 11th). And for some reason, International Tiara Day has captured everyone's attention.

The instructors spent today helping our students make tiaras (or crowns, for the men) to wear tomorrow. It was funny watching as each class competed to make the fanciest tiaras. Glitter, sequence, beads, and lace were fought over as each instructor tried to out-do the others.

I was very good, and declined to get caught up in all of the fuss making tiaras. [Although Becky and I did end up going to three different stores trying on tiaras before finding the "perfect" one. And I passed up the feather boas (I thought they were a little too theatrical, not to mention itchy), but I did add a couple of malibou wristlets because they were just too cute and soft.]




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

too precious

Sandi said...

Thank you!

My son is still really upset with us. He doesn't think that we (Becky and I) should have used his dog, George, to model the tiara, much less post the embarrassing picture online. After all, as he has reminded me, the reason for getting my Millie was so that I wouldn't dress up his very masculine dog anymore.

Yeah, right.

Anonymous said...

what is this boy thinking, all animals are fair ground for dressing up

i used to dress up my cats as a child

carol

Sandi said...

I figure, if they're going to stand still long enough for me to dress them up it means they don't mind it. Right?