Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Great art is as irrational as great music. It is mad with its own loveliness. (George Jean Nathan)


Pelinnici, by artist Ruth Lampman, is my entry for this week's Photo Scavenger Hunt. We were looking for an outdoor work of art, with a bonus point for sculpture.

The picture was taken this afternoon at CityPlace, where Becky and I had gone on a photo safari. We found several wonderful, whimsical Wild Things. This is a project by local artists (and some not-so-local artists) who have decorated life-size fiberglass dolphins, pelicans, sea turtles, and horses which are currently on display throughout the county. The scupltures will eventually be auctioned off to benefit the Boys & Girls Clubs. There are 80 sculptures all together, and I have decided to see how many I can get photos of between now and April (when the auction is scheduled). Of course, it would have been nice if I had decided this while I was still at CityPlace so that I could have gotten the dozen that are on display there, but I guess I'll just have to make another trip soon. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is a new challenge:

http://www.odilialiuzzi.com/INSPIRATION_CHALLENGE/

you are welcome!! :)