Monday, June 08, 2009

If someone wants a sheep, then that means he exists. (Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

Thanks to my wonderful friend, Michelle, and her wonderful friend, I got to shear a sheep today.

Okay, I didn't actually get to shear the sheep. There's no way I'm taking the blame for the way it turned out. But I did get to meet a very nice couple who let us visit with them while they sheared their sheep, Lily. Or tried to, since the cutters weren't working properly.

It was so much fun, out in the country with all the animals. Mickie and her husband have two miniature schnauzers, a couple of cats, lots of chickens and one mean rooster, two goats (one faints!), a rescued trotter horse, a ram, and Lily the Sheep. And they're all friendly (except for the mean rooster), so we got to pet and cuddle them all.

* * *
By the way, I finally gave in and joined facebook. You can friend me, if you'd like.

No comments: