Sunday, May 31, 2009

It has all been very interesting. (Lady Mary Wortley Montagu, last words)

The third episode of our podcast, Spun in the Sun, was posted today, and since I had to work on the show notes I went ahead and updated my ipod with the rest of the podcasts I listen to. I've been trying to listen to each podcast from the beginning, but that's just about impossible. So today I made the decision to only listen from May forward (or in the case of future subscriptions, from the current episode on). This means I'll miss a lot of the history and insider comments, but at least I won't be forever feeling like I'm a couple of steps behind. It's amazing how liberating it is, clearing the old podcasts off my ipod.

I've been trying to declutter lately. Yesterday, I cleaned out my bathroom. I was able to get rid of the outdated medicines, old makeup that I'll never use (even if it's still almost full), perfumed lotions that I can't use because of my allergies (even if they were expensive), and various other sundries that I've been hanging onto "just in case." I found three new boxes of tissues that I hadn't realized were in there, which means I didn't need to carry around the roll of toilet paper for my stuffy nose when I had the flu. I also found several tubes of toothpaste, six bottles of conditioner, and two things of toilet bowl cleaner. I gave away over 100 pairs of earrings. (Amazingly, I still have over 50 pairs left.)

The kitchen is next...


No comments: