Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wednesday's WIPs and FOs

It's been a month since I've talked about knitting, so let me catch up with what I've been doing. Naturally, I've done several baby hats for the charity group.



I did cheat, and crochet a few instead of knitting them. Crocheting is so much quicker, and I just wasn't keeping up with the one-hat-per-week goal when I tried to knit each one.

I've decided to take a break from knitting/crocheting the baby hats. It really shouldn't feel like such a chore. I feel bad for not being able to make my (self-imposed) quota, but I also want to be able to knit love and joy into the hats. And really, I've gotten to the point of really resenting that I'm spending more time knitting baby hats instead of making "fun" items. So I'm going to take a break, catch up on some of the things I've got already on the needles.

I've reached the same conclusion with the washcloths. They're fun and quick to make, but they've become the only thing I'm making. And since I'm making the same patterns over and over, it's getting to be a chore rather than something I'm doing because I enjoy it. So no more quota knitting of any type.


Although I really did like knitting this garterlac pattern.

I finally finished the dishtowel for myself. It's been sitting in my unfinished pile since Christmas, waiting for the stupid button. The button that only took three minutes to sew on. (Sigh) I'm not as good at finishing as I am with casting on.

I also finished a gift that's been waiting for buttons. I can't post the picture yet because I still haven't mailed it off. But trust me, it's adorable!

Since I decided that I was not going to cast on any more projects until I finished everything I've already cast on, I immediately started a new crochet project. (Well, I didn't cast it on so I didn't break my promise.) This one finished up quickly, in less than five days, and I really like it. I had bought three balls of the Sugar N Creme, but it only took about 1 1/2 balls. So I can make another one. But not until I finish something else. (Unless I get desperate for a new project again.)


I finally finished my Everyday Shawl. I love, love, love it! Even though I had to reknit most of it. It was so easy to make, and looks so pretty. I'm wearing it right now, as a matter of fact.


I've also been adding to the Sampler Sock Blanket. My friend, Faith, is working on one and she's inspired me to get moving on mine. Of course, she took the sensible route and is making a reasonably-sized afghan instead of a full queen-sized bedspread. At least somebody learns from my insanity.


Since the blanket is too big to be carried around in my pocketbook, I've pulled two pairs of socks out of my unfinished projects to work on. I've got the Retro socks as a don't-need-to-think-as-I-knit project, and the Not Red and Black socks because I love the "wow" factor of doing colorwork.

I guess this'll keep me for a while...

No comments: