Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Some for renown, on scraps of learning dote, And think they grow immortal as they quote. (Edward Young)

Teena in Toronto pointed out that today is my Blogoversary. I'm totally astonished that she knew that -- I hadn't even remembered, and it's my blog -- as well as amazed that there's anyone reading this outside of my daughter and one or two friends. Oh, and an old boyfriend. It's hard to believe that I've been posting for three years. (And yet I still have only a couple of readers... I guess I'm not as good of a writer as I had thought I was, once upon a time. Or maybe I'm just as boring as my children accuse me of being.)

My blog started out as a place to be creative; I was posting pictures and interesting tidbits from my life. In the beginning, the photos were the focus. I admit it: I had a new camera, and I wanted an excuse to take pictures every day. I still have the same camera, and although I've lost some of my enthusiasm for it, that camera still resides in my purse as a "must have with me" item.

I've progressed through various phases and obsessions, and once I even made it through an entire month of daily postings. The only sure thing is that this blog is still evolving.

No comments: