Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I've never quite believed that one chance is all I get. (Anne Tyler)

Just in case you were wondering about
about the 100-calorie cupcake packets.
Yes, you really get three cupcakes for 100 calories.
But they are miniature cupcakes.


Once upon a time I was thin. I was also young and foolish, but it's being thin that I miss. (Probably because I'm still a little foolish, but not foolish enough to want to be young again.) Actually, I don't really care about being thin. I just want to be able to run around, or up and down the stairs, without losing my breath and to be able to buy cute clothes. And most of all, I don't want to become an insulin-dependent diabetic, which is where I'm heading if I don't get my act together.

So I've started some better health routines. A couple of times a week I stop at the gym on my way home from work to walk the treadmill for half an hour. This weekend, I went to the park and walked three laps around the heart-smart trail. (Did you know it's possible to knit and walk at the same time?) And three weeks ago I joined Weight Watchers.

I plan on sharing my progress in this blog. I'm NOT going to tell my actual weight, but I'll probably mention how much I've lost along the way. (14 pounds so far!) And I'll share any hints, helps, or information I learn along the way.

If anyone would like to join me in a quest for better health, please feel free to add your comments.

No comments: