Sunday, October 08, 2006

Neglected mom, looking for sympathy


Children grow up, and they have their own lives. I know this. After all, I did it myself. I just didn't expect it to be so soon or so emphatic.

Cari's plane leaves in a couple of hours, but we'll be saying our goodbyes in a few minutes. She made arrangements to have breakfast with her boyfriend, and he's going to take her to the airport. I'm feeling very left out, and very angry (after all, I'm the one who paid for this trip home). I don't like it, but I'm really not sure how to deal with it.

Since she's been home for this visit, we've spent only about four random hours together. We were going to have Thursday evening, but she got confused about our plans (she didn't realize that I had actually made the appointment for the family portrait, followed by dinner out) and so she ended up staying out with her friends instead. Yesterday she lost track of the time and didn't come home until it was too late for us to do anything. Our original plan was for me to take her to the airport this morning, but last night she decided to go out for breakfast (without me) instead.

It's hard, but I guess I really have to just let her go. I don't want to. After all, even though she's all grown up, she is still my baby. I love her, and I miss her, and I want to keep her with me. I know she has to be free to live her own life. I just want to know that I have a place in that life. Posted by Picasa

No comments: