Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Daily Tasks


A part of me is rejoicing and I'm feeling very smug. It's only 7 am, and already I've accomplished a lot. When the alarm went off at 4:30 I resisted the temptation to hit the snooze button, for a change. As a result, I've already folded four loads of laundry, and there's another load in the dryer and one more in the washer. I managed to be showered, dressed (complete with make-up and hair dried) when I took my son to the bus stop at 6 am. I ironed the entire pile of ironing (16 pieces of clothing--yes, I counted them) even though I truly hate to iron. I also wrote a note to my son's teacher. The best part is that I still have half an hour to play on the computer before I have to leave for work!

On the other hand, I do have a small sensation of total panic lurking inside my chest. It's been caused by a quick glance at my task list. According to my daytimer notes, the following things need to be done today:
1. Clean the bathrooms (especially the tubs!)
2. Clean the kitchen (clean out refridgerator, sweep/mop floor)
3. Get insurance quotes (need coverage by Saturday!)
4. Send PKK letter re: child support arrears & medicals due
5. Answer emails (LATE!)
6. Thank you notes (OVERDUE!)
7. Family birthday blog for October (LATE!)
8. Mail out birthday cards (Missed September's!)
9. Balance the checkbook and pay bills (this should probably be at the top of the list)
10. Bring case notes up to date (LATE!)

This list probably wouldn't seem so bad, except that I leave for work at 7:30 am and won't get home tonight until almost 8 pm. By the time we have dinner and clean-up, I'm usually so tired that I fall asleep on the couch. The kids wake me up when they go to bed, and I end up giving up and going to bed myself. After all, I have to be up early in the morning...

[I wonder what happened to the smug feeling I had a few minutes ago?] Posted by Picasa

No comments: