Sunday, October 15, 2006

Each to his/her own style



It's been a rough weekend. There's a definite pattern going on: I spend the week rushing around, trying to keep up with the two jobs, the kids, and basic sanitation around the house. Everything else is put off until the weekend. But once the weekend comes around, I finally have the time to collapse in a stressed-out heap and none of the things I've been putting off actually get done. Which means that by Sunday evening, I'm already stressing for the coming week. It's a vicious cycle.

I did accomplish a couple of things today. I planned out the meals for the coming week, and the kids and I went grocery shopping. I had also promised Becky that I would dye her hair so she's now sitting in the bathroom with a timer, waiting for her rinse-out. This time we went with a two-inch red stripe on either side of her face. I wanted to do polka dots, but Becky talked me out of that. I also buzzed PJ's hair -- heavens forbid my military-minded son lets his hair get a little long! (I keep trying to talk him into gettomg a spiked style and an earring...)

Oops! The timer just went off, so I've got to go rinse and fluff! I'll try to get the finished results posted for tomorrow. Posted by Picasa

No comments: