Sunday, October 01, 2006

Here we go again!


7:30 am, and the alarm went off. I tried hitting the snooze button several times without any success before realizing it was the fire alarm and not my alarm clock that was ringing. I pulled on my shorts and a sweatshirt, grabbed my purse and the house keys, put the dog on the leash and stumbled out the door and down the stairs. Poor George was whining, the alarm obviously hurting his sensitive ears. As I left, I noticed that most of my neighbors didn't even bother to look outside.

The fire department showed up with lights and sirens, but it turned out to be a false alarm. Apparently someone was smoking in the staircase again.

I would love to just go back to bed. But I guess since I'm already awake, I should go ahead and start my day. Sigh. Posted by Picasa

No comments: