Thursday, April 05, 2012

Java Circus Monkeys

I stopped at Barnes and Noble after work today, and spent an hour reading Night Circus. I had borrowed the book from the library, but didn't get it finished before the due date. Unfortunately, there were holds on that book, which meant I couldn't renew it. Rather than put my name on the waiting list, I decided to spend an hour reading it at B&N. This turned out to be a great idea. I was able to read uninterrupted, without feeling like I should go wash the dishes first.

I found a new favorite drink, too. It's a Java Chip affogato style. Affogato means that they add a shot of expresso on top of the frappacino before adding the whipped cream. It makes all the difference in the world.

So between the book, the drink, and the Monkeys I'm knitting out of Koigu (my favorite sock pattern with my favorite yarn), it was a marvelous afternoon.

No comments: