Wednesday, April 04, 2012

I could be a bit obsessed. Again.

I was so excited to have the internet readily available again. I would be able to do research, keep in touch with friends and family, post regularly, and generally live my life for the good once again. Or so I told myself. The truth was, I knew I would quickly find myself obsessively logged on. I thought it would be facebook, where I would post frequent status updates, each one more annoyingly stupid than the previous one. (I can't help it. I really like clever status statements, but I am really bad at coming up with something original.) Perhaps instead I would become a chatty-cathy on the Ravelry boards.

Instead, I found pinterest. I really love pinterest. It's the best (prettiest, funniest, weirdest) of the web, pictured in one location. I can, and already have, spend hours looking at all the great stuff people have found online. And anything that takes my fancy can be claimed and pinned to my own boards for others to admire.

It's not a total waste of  time. I did find a really amazing recipe for broccoli.


I've already made it, and it is "The Best Broccoli of Your Life." It was so simple. Just toss fresh broccoli with a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper, and spread it out on a cookie sheet. Toss some sliced garlic on top, and stick it in the oven at 450 for about 20 minutes. When the broccoli is cooked, season with lemon and grated Parmesan cheese (I didn't have a lemon, so I just sprinkled a  little lemon juice) and eat. All I can say is, YUM!

By the way, I think I undid any healthy effects of the broccoli by pairing it with this:

Pigs in a Blanket!

No comments: