Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wednesday's WIPs and FOs


I've been trying to finish up my current spinning projects this week, in anticipation of the Insubordiknit workshop in August. I want to have my bobbins clear and ready to go. I haven't quite finished the Forest Lake BFL from Spinning Bunny, but I'm getting close. I think there's about half an ounce left to spin, and then I can ply it this weekend.

I did finally "whack" the yarns that I plied earlier in the month. I wasn't happy with them, since they came out a heavy worsted, almost a bulky, weight. But now that they've been blocked and skeined, I think I like them after all. Too bad I don't have a project that I can use either one of them in.
"Neptune's Daughter"
121 yards BFL/silk
(Old Maiden Aunt)

Briar Rose
184 yards
(PBN)

I'm finally seeing some progress on the Retro socks, and they may actually be finished before the NYC trip. I hope so, since they're supposed to be for my daughter and it would be really nice to be able to give them to her while I'm visiting. Although I still don't like the socks, I do think they look a bit better now that I'm on the leg. I am looking forward to finally having these finished.

It took a while to settle on a gauge for the Fitted Tank, but I think it's going to work out. I love the Spa yarn I'm using; it's a wool/bamboo blend and it is so wonderfully soft I just want to cuddle it all day. My original excuse for starting this project was so that I'd have a hand-knit top to wear on my trip. That's not going to happen. At least it's an easy knit, so it's become my pocketbook project.

No comments: