Thursday, July 02, 2009

It's never too late -- in fiction or in life -- to revise. (Nancy Thayer)

It's been a good week, knitting-wise.

I finished the sweater for Cassie. That, by the way, is the secret gift-project I was working on. I don't think that Cassie's gotten the sweater yet (although it has been mailed off), but the surprise was already ruined when I accidentally posted this picture on Facebook. Well, I meant to post the picture on Facebook, in my "knitting" album. I thought I had the security thing figured out, so that only my Fiberholic Friends would be able to see it. Apparently I was wrong.

My knitting group started the Mitten KAL today. I had decided on doing the Kingdom gloves from Knitty.com. This is probably a mistake, since I only managed to get the first chart finished, which isn't even halfway around the cuff. The others are almost through the first mitten. Even with cabling without a cable needle (thank goodness I can do that!), this is not a quick knit. And it's something that you really have to concentrate on, so I won't be able to do it while sitting around with others. It really is pretty, though. The picture isn't a good one; the color is actually browns. You can see it better on the swift.


My wonderful brother-in-law made this swift for me, and this was the first real excuse I've had to use it. It's wonderful. I've always had to put the yarn around my feet and do "sit-ups" when I wanted to wind my yarn. The swift is much, much quicker - not to mention much easier!

No comments: