Friday, July 03, 2009

Friday's Favorite - Ambrosia

Today's favorite thing is ambrosia salad. Last week we held a Luau at work, and I brought a double-batch of ambrosia as my contribution to the potluck luncheon. It was so popular, that I decided to bring another batch to work today for our Independence Day picnic. This time I had to be sure to make a batch for home, too.

Ambrosia really very easy to make. I learned the recipe when I was in 7th grade. My best friend back then was Lori M., and the ambrosia was her mother's recipe. I was at Lori's house for a sleepover party when her mom showed me how to make the salad. (Parties at Lori's were always the best, since she lived right on the water and she had a sailboat -- I love sailing!)

I've been making Ambrosia ever since. It's been my take-along standby for church dinners, picnics, family celebrations, and just about any other special or not-so-special occasion.

Ambrosia

1 large container of cottage cheese (16 oz?)
1 large box (or 2 small boxes) orange flavored Jello mix
1 can (large is better) mandarin oranges, drained
1 large container of Cool Whip (12 oz)

Mix the cottage cheese and jello together. (Note - use the jello powder straight from the box.) Add the drained mandarin oranges. Fold in the Cool Whip. Chill, then serve.

No comments: