Thursday, June 15, 2006

As long as you can savor the humorous aspect of misery and misfortune, you can overcome anything. (John Candy)


This afternoon, as I was getting ready to leave work, I suffered through a good news/bad news phone call from my mechanic. The good news was that they had finally figured out what was wrong with my van. The bad news was that it was not covered by the warrantee and would cost quite a large amount of money.

My immediate reaction was to hide in my office with the door locked, and cry for five minutes. Unfortunately, that turned out to be a waste of time because it really didn't help solve anything. So I stopped crying and left to walk to the bus stop. By the time I made it home, I was feeling stronger. I had figured out a way to come up with the money and had managed to call the mechanic back to give him the go-ahead with the repairs.

On the bus ride home, I had also decided to cheer myself up with a tiarra and a feather boa. After all, how could anyone be depressed while wearing a shiny tiarra and red feather boa?

After I got home, instead of the tiara and boa, I stole my daughter's construction hat. I decided that if problems were going to continue to crash around my head, I really needed the hard hat more than a tiara.

I'm still hoping to have a tiarra-day soon. But in the meantime, my hard hat's on and I'm ready for whatever else life wants to send my way.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: