Wednesday, September 09, 2009

I feel like a fugitive from the law of averages. (William H. Mauldin)


It's Wednesday, so this really should be a WIPs and FOs posting. But the only thing I'm knitting the same NYC Shawl, which still isn't finished yet, although I'm getting close. More importantly, I'm just not in the mood for knitting.

Right now I feel like the whole world is throwing it's garbage at me (okay, maybe they're throwing something much smellier than garbage, but I try awfully hard not to say those types of words).

Excuse me a minute as I deviate from my planned whine. As I was typing the previous paragraph, I heard someone say "Here's a little song I wrote, you might want to sing it."

WHAT? Please understand that Becka is out walking the dog, and I'm alone in the house (making it the perfect time to sit around feeling sorry for myself). Except who the heck (hey, this calls for strong language!) is talking?

"Don't worry. Be happy."

Wait a minute. That sounds familiar.

"In every life you have some trouble. When you worry, you make it double. Don't worry. Be happy."

I know that song. Being the very brave person that I am, I looked out front and sure enough, there's a car passing by with the windows open. It was only coincidence that it happened to be playing that song, keeping me from telling you the long list of problems I've had to deal with today. Lucky you.

"So don't worry. Be happy."

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Hope everything is ok and will pray for you to "be happy." Looking forward to hearing about your NY trip when you guys get around to podcasting again. Take care..

Sandi said...

Thanks for both the comment and the prayers. Both were sorely wanted, and came at the right time.

Michelle and I were just commenting that we haven't been able to match up our schedules since the NYC trip. We're vowing to figure something out this week, because it really has been too long. So don't forget us -- we'll be back soon!