Monday, September 14, 2009

The only reason we ask other people how their weekend was is so that we can tell them about our own weekend. (Chuck Palahniuk)

I had a wonderful weekend. Mom and I took my daughter and her friend Mia to Orlando, and we just hung around the resort the entire time. There were eight hot tubs, four pools, two lazy rivers, and a poolside bar that made wonderful margaritas. When we weren't in the water, we had miniature golf and karaoke to amuse us. (I was the champion of both!)

Even though I brought Daisy (my laptop) with me with the full intention of writing up a couple of reports for work, I managed to resist the temptation to work. Instead I finished my shawl and read a smutty romance book. (I'm not sure how well that will go over in Tuesday's meeting, but que sera sera.)

Now that we're back home, I figure I have probably about half an hour before I start to unpack and begin to panic over all the stuff I didn't do because I was away enjoying myself. But for now, it was a wonderful weekend!

No comments: