Saturday, August 22, 2009

Spare no expense to save money on this one. (Samuel Goldwyn)

Cathy and Orlando, 1984

It doesn't seem possible that my little sister will have been married for 25 years in October. I spent the afternoon with Cathy and my mom, helping her plan out the celebration. Not that Cathy really needed our help; once again she's surprised us by having everything under control. (You would think by now that we would expect her to be fully competent, but unfortunately for her she'll always be my baby sister.)

I think I'm also surprised that I won't be celebrating my 25th wedding anniversary. And even more surprised that that fact no longer upsets me.

Which means that even though I might feel a slight tinge of envy, it's going to be wonderful watching my sister and her husband repeat the vows that they made back in 1984. So let's party!

No comments: