Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Seriously, do you know how many ways you can use knitting needles to protect yourself?

The women at tonight's knitting group came up with a large enough number to ensure that none of us will be allowed to knit on an airplane ever again. I think it helped that the discussion came after we had already talked about both the foster parent system AND the amount of child support owed to us.

I finished another baby hat. I really love this pattern, using the mosaic knitting technique. It looks really complicated, but you only knit with one color at a time, slipping stitches for the second color. I'll probably knit a couple more of these, in different colors, just because they're fun to do.

I also finished up another towel and washcloth set. Both of these patterns are very easy to do, and make great "take-along" projects to carry in my pocketbook.

I didn't finish the gloves yet. The fingers are tricky, and I have to really concentrate. Which is a shame, since the first part had gone so fast. I did manage to get another finger done while waiting for PJ this afternoon. Then I made the mistake of trying the glove on. Cashmere is amazingly comfortable. And warm. (Hey, it's in the 50's today. That's really cold for us.) I didn't want to take it off. Actually, if I could have figured out a way to finish knitting them while wearing it...

No comments: