Things that I have been reminded of today:
1. God has a sense of humor. Which is a darn good thing, since it makes life absurb rather than merely pathetic.
2. Be careful and kind when talking about others. Because things have a way of coming back at you, in ways you never expect.
3. Children can be a real pain in the neck. Or they can be so terrific you think that you're going to just burst with pride. Either way, you're stuck loving them.
4. Dogs stink. But wet dogs stink worse.
5. Extra large cappuccinos are meant to be sipped and enjoyed. If you gulp them down, you get the jitters.
6. Don't leave the room or even turn your back during committee meetings (per the new vice-chair).
7. The only time you need your phone for an emergency is the day you forget it on the kitchen table.