Thursday, November 09, 2006

When I grow up, I want to be a cow. (Rebecca)



Lately I've been thinking about cows. Or more specifically, about Becky and cows.

I'm not supposed to tell anybody, but when Becky was only about three years old she decided that she wanted to be a cow when she grew up. She was very determined about it, too. For the next several months she walked around practising her moo-ing. Anything she saw with a cow on it immediately became a "must-have" item.

She did evenually stop moo-ing and developed other interests.

About two years later, when Becky was five, we went to a school carnival. Several of the teachers were walking around dressed as clowns. Rebecca spotted one in a cow costume, complete with a big cow bell hanging around her neck, and immediately turned to me and stated: "See, girls really can grow up to be cows!"

There's a reason this story has been on my mind so much. You see, when I was a little girl I wanted to be a teacher so that I could go to school forever-and-ever. Well, I'm getting my wish. I am now officially a college student again. I've decided to get a master's degree. (And since I'm going to be doing it one class at a time, it is going to be forever-and-ever before I get it!)

No comments: