Friday, May 05, 2006

While we are postponing, life speeds by. (Seneca)


Brookston's Photo Scavenger Hunt
A FOUNTAIN
1 bonus point if the fountain is outside
1 bonus point if the fountain is lighted


I can't believe that it's already Friday. I don't know what happens to my week. I start out each morning with the best of intentions, listing out the things I plan to accomplish that day in my Daytimer. But at the end of the day, my list is still intact and I'm left wondering what it was I did all day.

This fountain picture was taken while Mom and I were at Cocoa Beach this past weekend. I really wanted to do a picture of the fountains on Clematis Street -- I love that fountain! -- but I never made it downtown.
 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

风信子 FengXinZi said...

wat mean is " while we are postponing, life speeds by"?

Sandi said...

Hi Joanne. I'm sorry, but I hadn't noticed your comment until recently.

I liked this quote because it's so true for my life. People (and especially me) tend to postpone doing things that they want to do, or that they should do. For instance, I might say "Someday I'm going to take a trip to the Keys" or "I want to write a letter to my friend but I don't have time." The problem is that if you keep putting things off and saying "someday," eventually it's too late. WHILE WE ARE POSTPONING 9and putting things off until "someday"), LIFE SPEEDS BY (and there won't be any time left to do the things we want to do.

Did that help?