Tuesday, May 09, 2006

There is a time to say nothing, and there is a time to say something, but there is not time to say everything. (Hugo of Fleury)


Cari's home from New York. (Insert mental image of me doing a happy dance here.) I picked her up from the airport last night. It was late, but I did get a little bit of time with her. It seems so strange to be the parent of a college student -- neither of us is quite sure how the role of "parent" should be played out. But I'm just thrilled to have my baby back home, even if she's not a baby anymore.

I'm also walking around very proud of myself for my mechanical abilities. My turn signal was out, and I changed the bulb all by myself. Well, by myself with the help of several strangers in the auto supply parking lot. (It was almost like a joke: How many people does it take to change a Ford's lightbulb? Only I'm not sure what the punch line is, cause I lost track of the number!)

All together, it was a very good day. The type that leaves you still smiling the next morning.

No comments: