Sunday, December 25, 2005

May you have the greatest two gifts of all on these holidays: Someone to love and someone who loves you. (John Sinor)

The stockings are filled, and Santa has left his gifts under the tree. It's time for me to be off to bed. In just a few hours the children will be waking me up to come see what Santa's left under the tree.

I love Christmas morning. The children will wait impatiently for me to wake up. Finally one of them will be brave enough to come into my room (where I've been waiting impatiently for them to come get me!). We'll go out and ooh and aah over the tree and the amount of gifts. The stocking gifts are opened first, each of us taking a turn opening a gift while the others watch. With four of us, it usually takes a couple of hours just to unwrap the stockings. Then we pause for breakfast. We'll be having bacon, eggs, fried potatoes, and PJ's favorite cinnamon buns. After breakfast is eaten and cleaned up, we'll open the gifts. Then a pause to get dinner started. My sister's family and my mom should be to our house around 2 pm. We'll chat, and open more gifts, then have a traditional ham dinner. After dinner, if there's time, we'll bake some cookies. The house will be filled with laughter, love, and family.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all, a Good Night!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: