Thursday, December 08, 2005

Adopting the right attitude can convert a negative stress into a positive one. (Dr. Hans Selye)

I had plans for this evening. In fact, I had an entire list of things I was going to get done. Instead, at 5:20 (right about the time I was starting my list) my darling daughter announces that she needs to be at the school for a band event by 6 pm. We had exactly enough time to change and get her there. I spent the evening at the school, trailing behind the band as they played for an open house, and then for a basketball game. I didn't get anything done that I had planned to.

On the other hand, I did get to enjoy some wonderful (although slightly off-key, off-tempo) music, enthusiastically played by some really cool kids. Way back when I was in school, I loved being in the band. But I don't remember having as much fun as these kids have. They have a different attitude, bopping and singing along as they play. It's wonderful!

The picture of the frog, by the way, was taken as we were leaving. I think he had climbed the fence to check out the band for himself. And of course I had to embarrass my daughter by stopping and taking pictures...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: