Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Cotton balls and shawl cables


My Casey shawl is coming along nicely. I think I would have liked it to be a little wider, but I'm afraid that if I frog it and add any more width, I won't have enough yarn to make it long enough.

I'm almost ready for the next skein of yarn, so during my lunch break I took some time to wind a ball of the Tahki Cotton. I had to improvise for a swift by turning one of my office chairs over so that I could use the legs.

Cotton doesn't fluff up the way that wool does. I knew that, but I was still surprised to see it demonstrated. Normally when I wind a center-pull ball, the yarn fulls up and the ball closes in on itself. When I took the cotton ball off my nostepinne (disguised here as a toothbrush holder), the cotton yarn kept the open shape.


* ~ * ~ *
Blanket Update:
33 squares in 157 days
Total number of squares completed: 674

No comments: