Monday, September 05, 2011

Wine for Normal People

I have been sick for the past week, so I haven't been in the mood to try any new wines. But I did discover a wonderful podcast about wines, called Wine for Normal People. It is hosted by Elizabeth, who despite being a Sommelier with years of experience in the wine business is able to talk about wines without making the rest of us feel dumb. Her co-host is Rick, who is a computer nerd that just happens to like wine. It works out really well between them: Rick asks the types of questions that the most of us would like to, and Elizabeth explains the answers so that even I can understand. I think my favorite episode so far (I went back and listened to everything) was episode six. Elizabeth explained some of the terms used to describe wine, such as earthy, minerality, and acidic. I loved the way that she used situations to tie memories into the wine terms. Really, you need to go listen to this podcast. It's fantastic.

No comments: