Sunday, September 26, 2010

Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. (Cyrilla Connelly)

Pattern: Crusoe Socks
Yarn: Koigu KPPM
Made for Cari


I've been avoiding this blog because I haven't decided what direction I want to go with it. Originally my intention was to produce a photo blog, in an effort to improve (or even just develop) my artistic eye. Then I started to write along with the pictures, with the grand idea that I would stay focused on the positive things in my life.

That was five years ago. Since then, my writing has gone in every direction with no real purpose other than to follow my mind's current whims. Looking at the labels, it seems that most of my posts in the past year or so has been about knitting. And what wasn't knitting, was mostly "Dear Diary" entries. Which probably explains why I don't have a very large readership.

There are lots of things this blog could become. I could make it official, and stick with the fiber topics. (After all, knitting and spinning seem to be a predominate part of my life anyway.) I could buckle down and assess my life, then record any progress I make toward achieving my life goals (to be a thin, organized, rich, and happy gypsy). Even just one of those life goals would be worth documenting the journey. I could go back to the original artistic premise, and post pictures accompanied by creative and amusing stories. I could even take up a new hobby (like mixology -- my daughter's suggestion) and obsessively write about that.

Or I could just continue to write whatever pops into my mind each day, with no effort to amuse anyone other than myself.

No comments: