Monday, May 26, 2008

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources. (Albert Einstein)



I couldn't resist showing off my latest projects. The bag is a Booga Bag, and I think it's adorable. This bag is still a little smaller than what I need (it holds everything except my knitting), but I like it. It's a simple design, but the colors in the Noro Kureyon yarn are incredible. I have a feeling that it's going to become one of my favorite bags.

I had an extra skein of the Noro, so I made myself a felted Purse organizer. It's entirely my pattern, and I'm really proud of myself. I think it would be better if it were a little larger, but I used every bit of the skein in making this one. Next time I'll buy two skeins and double the number of rows.

5/28/08 - I've edited this post to eliminate the word "Pal" from my description of the purse organizer I knit. I had a very sweet and generous comment (which you can read below) explaining that I had accidentally used a copyrighted term. What can I say, other than I'm sorry -- it was just that it sounded like a really great name. But as it turns out, it's already being used for a really great product. Be sure to go over to Willa's site and take a look at them. (Best of all, she's local to me.) And Willa, thank you for being so nice about this.

1 comment:

MissLady said...

Hi Sandy,

Just wanted to compliment you on your lovely projects - they showed up on a google search I have for the word "Purse Pal" . This actually the registered trademark for my company and we make a purse accessory that is commonly called a purse hanger or purse hook. However, I did need to notify you in case you were thinking of marketing your creations - that trademark is taken! :) and cannot be used for any other purse accessory item. Thanks for understanding why we protect our registered intellectual property!

Actually, there is a brand name for the item you made - it is actually called a "PurseKet" and they make purse organizers like yours.

Now, just so you know I'm no evil corporate empire - just protecting my trademark and brand ;) I'd love to send you a real "PursePal" as a gift from me.

Go to www.purse-pal.com - click on the shop page and let me know which of the Classic Designs is your choice. I will send you one in our Day Bag size and I am very sure you will love using it to keep your pretty bag off the floor.

Then send an email to me at wporter@purse-pal.com with your design choice and mailing address. I will send it on it's way.

I admire the work you do both in crafts, as well as your regular job, and am excited for the chance to 'make yur day' with a freebie!

Willa Porter
President
PursePal LLC
277 Royal Poinciana Way suite #118
Palm Beach, Fl 33480
561-832-7724
866-347-8773 - toll free
www.purse-pal.com