Monday, August 06, 2007

Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance. (Samuel Johnson)


I don't know what it is about this pair of socks, but they just don't seem to be getting anywhere. After frogging the scrolls pattern for the THIRD time, I decided to give up on it. For now, anyway. I still want to do it, since it was absolutely incredible. But I just can't seem to get it done right now.

So I went to Blueberry Waffle, another pattern that I thought was very pretty and looked so comfortable to wear. I worked on that Saturday evening and Sunday (it's the sock on the right). It's nice, but the pattern really isn't coming through as nice as it could. I think the yarn/coloring is wrong. So last night I googled Koigu socks, and found Crusoe. That's the sock started on the left. I need to get a little further, but I think that's the pattern I'm going to go with.

I have learned a couple of things, working on these socks. Like: It's okay to admit you made a mistake; just be willing to go back and redo it right. And: Not every choice is the right one for every yarn/person. Be willing to change if necessary. And most of all: I'm never going to be a great philosopher, so my time would be better spent practicing my knitting!

No comments: