Thursday, February 05, 2009

Thursday Photo Theme: Container

Last week, this wonderful box full of yarn was delivered. It's the prize I won from Ravelry's Special Olympic Scarf project. Coats & Clark offered several gifts to random scarves, and I was one of the winners. Actually, I got two prizes since I was also a moderator.

There is yarn for a sweater for each of my girls, yarn for socks, and lots and lots of baby yarn. The baby yarn was going to be for the charity baby hats, but with this much yarn I think I'm going to do a couple of sweaters for charity as well.

I've been enjoying just fondling the yarn, since I won't let myself cast anything else on until I finish a project or two. And counting the yarn that was already in my stash and queued for projects (which means that I'm not counting sock yarn, since that's not for specific patterns yet), if I could assume that it would take me two weeks to knit each project (as if I really could knit a sweater or a lace stole in just two weeks!), I could knit until this time next year. If I add in the sock yarn, I'll be knitting until my youngest graduates high school.

This, by the way, may explain why there hasn't been many posts lately -- I'm too busy knitting!

No comments: