Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Only 9 more days until Christmas...

I cannot believe that Christmas is only a week away. (I can't believe I left my camera sitting on my desk at work, either, but that's a different rant.) I don't feel like Christmas. And I'm definitely not ready for Christmas.

I used to get all excited about the holidays. The house would be decorated from top to bottom weeks before the neighbors even started thinking about getting their things down from the attic. I'd bake dozens of cookies, a different type every week, so that we could give trays out to everyone we had ever met. Our Christmas card list included 100 people, and I'd start making the cards when the leaves started to turn colors in the fall.

This year, just like last year, I've put off the Christmas spirit. Our tree is up, but it's not decorated yet. I've done some of the shopping, but only because I had to. I've not baked any cookies and I'm not planning to. (Why bake, when I'm on a diet and can't eat any?) And I didn't even pretend to make an effort at sending out cards this year.

I don't know what's happened. I feel like the grinch, and I'm not happy with myself for it. If anyone has ideas on how to get back some holiday cheer, please share them.

No comments: