Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Silence is the loudest thing I've ever heard. (Peter O'Gorman)


Millie isn't very happy, and it isn't just because of her ponytail. (Although she is definitely peeved at me, and won't come anywhere near me right now.) The kids left this morning on a trip with their father, and the house is extremely quiet. Jorge keeps walking around, looking for The Boy. And Millie isn't even harassing him the way she usually does.

I knew it would be lonely without my kids, but I had made all sorts of plans so that I wouldn't get depressed. Unfortunately, I've done something horrible to my back, and even sitting in front of my computer is bringing tears to my eyes. I went to the doctor this afternoon and he took x-rays, and I'm supposed to go back tomorrow to see what they show.

The worst part...I forgot to stop at the store on my way home, so there is no chocolate in the house. None. Not even chocolate chips.

On the bright side, I did manage to get some knitting done. And in the spirit of tantalizing my oldest, here's a picture of my Koigu Swirled Socks...

1 comment:

Cari said...

...

I have no words to describe how amazing these socks look.